Tuesday 3 February 2015

What a Gift!

Another one! Wow. I have been a teacher for 20 years and I can only think of two other years when we had back-to-back snow days. How awesome! I certainly can find a million things to do with this extra time at home, and today I am going to do something truly important. I am going to write a eulogy for Mr. Fitz.

A eulogy is a speech given at a funeral in honor of the person who died. Mrs. Cook and I have been asked by Mrs. Fitz's husband, Malcom, to deliver the eulogy on behalf of the BCS community at Mrs. Fitz's funeral on Friday. This is a high honor, and an example, yep, you guessed it, of teh power of writing. Our eulogy will make people laugh and make them cry. Remember, these are "merely" words!

Eulogies help people grieve, which basically means deal. Deal with the death of a friend or family member. Mrs. Fitz has been my friend for 12 years and will always be my friend. Her eulogy will help people remember that she will always be with us.

2 comments:

  1. I think you will write a good eulogy Mr. Joe showing how Mrs. Fitz will be missed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. to teh? I think you spelled the wrong. And also knock them dead. (But don't actually.)

    ReplyDelete