Friday 11 July 2014

Pulling Weeds

Yesterday I found myself sitting in my driveway pulling weeds out from bewteen the cracks in the concrete. As a kid, one of the things I hated most about yard work was pulling weeds. The drudgery and seemingly endless supply of weeds made me restless. I had little patience for this kind of torture.

As an adult, I certainly cannot say that I enjoy pulling weeds. What I relaize I enjoy, however, is the chance to spend some time with Mary Beth, who doesn't seem to mind pulling weeds as much as I do. Whatever tasks we do in life are always made better by the company we keep, presuming the company are people whose company we enjoy.

I also enjoy accomplishing something, especially when that "something" beautifies or improves my environment. So, I guess weeding isn't as bad for me now as it was when I was a kid. Who knows, I may actually enjoy raking leaves in the fall.

4 comments:

  1. I like to pull weeds, depending on my mood. And pulling weeds does made one's house look better.

    And just a note to you Mr. J: I couldn't comment or post on my blog lately because I was away for 3 weeks.

    -Ania U.

    ReplyDelete
  2. When my dad does yard, work mostly mowing the lawn and pulling weeds, I do it with him. I think it's fun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want to give you a picture of my own tadpole-shrimp. I don't want to give you a picture from internet. So as soon as my tadpole-shrimp hatch, you got it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I sometimes like to pull weeds, unless my allergies work up.

    Shin Be

    ReplyDelete