Saturday 25 January 2014

BCS-UDJ Connection

It's always exciting to see all the ways our lives overlap. I realized this on Friday night at half time of the UD Jesuit - DeLaSalle basketball game. 

There was a line of kids waiting to try a half-court shot for a dollar. All money goes to charity. Most of the kids on the floor were boys, but I noticed three girls in line patiently waiting their turn. Wait! I said to myself, that's Clayton's older sister. Sure enough, there she was, out on the court waiting in line with everyone else. I bet she's gonna make it, I thought. I knew she was a good athlete from a family of sports stars.

Unfortunately, the teams returned to warm-up for the second half. Time was up. All the kids in line had to leave the floor. 

I hope she tries again Friday night at the game against Brother Rice. I bet she makes the shot then.






1 comment:

  1. I WANT MY METAL BAR NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete