Tuesday 14 January 2014

Crock Pot Cooking

I couldn't wait to get home last night and check out the results of my creativity. I have realized that cooking us truly a creative art like writing, painting, dancing or singing. You get an idea to make something, you look at models or mentors that people who've done it before, then you take a risk.

Yesterday I made BBQ pork chops in our crock pot from a recipe I found online. I added potatoes and onions first, then seasoned them with salt and pepper. I layered the pork chops on top, added more salt and pepper, then covered everything with Sweet Baby Rays BBQ sauce. I put a postit note on the lid with cooking instructions for Mrs. Joseph.

I came home and as soon as I walk in the door I was met with the familiar aroma of BBQ. I was psyched! U rushed into the kitchen and threw off the crock pot lid. I grabbed a fork and carefully skewered a pork chop, dripping with succulent sauce. It was steaming hot, so I gingerly put it to my lips. From the first taste I felt as much pride inward I had created as pleasure from the tangy flavor if the sauce.

No comments:

Post a Comment