Monday 12 May 2014

Chester the Chipmunk

My mother in-law called Friday night with an unusual request. Since my father in-law was in the hospital with gall bladder surgery, she was wondering if I could come over and help remove a little "friend".

My in-laws have been trying to catch a groundhog who's been living under their back porch and terrorizing, well, maybe he hasn't been terrorizing anything. The point is, they're trying to catch this little furry rodent, but he has proved to be a bit elusive. They did, however, manage to ensnare a chipmunk on Friday night.

So Nick and I put on our pest control hats and headed over to grandma and grandpa's house. The chipmunk, whom we affectionately named Chester (can't resist the alliteration) was waiting for us in grandpa's steel trap. We took him to a nearby park, opened the trap door and away he went in a flash.



2 comments:

  1. That mutuv been scary for chester
    -Jane

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow cool I have never caught a animal before. I have caught a duck but that was because I hit it with a stick first.

    ReplyDelete