Sunday 4 May 2014

Psyched to be in SF!




I flew from DTW to Denver to San Francisco today. I met all the other teachers who are going to Japan. What a talented, accomplished group!

We had dinner with the 25 teachers from Japan and met and talked with them. Tomorrow we will have meetings all day.

We are staying at the Airport Hyatt. It is three hours behind Detroit time here in SF. I am exhausted, but excited. Time to sleep.

This is Yoshi, a teacher from Japan. His English is much better than my Japanese! Can any of you teach me some Japanese? I want to learn the basics - hello, goodbye, my name is..., please, thank you, and counting 1-10. I'm off to a good start with my name tag.
 The view from the plane crossing the Rocky Mountains
Cool WWI airplane hanging at the airport in Denver on my layover.

8 comments:

  1. hi=こんにちは konichiwa
    bye=さようなら tiyyonana
    my name is=私の名前はある vidashimianavidu
    pronounce may be incorrect but it was the best I have learned

    ReplyDelete
  2. hello = konnichiwa
    goodbye(form.) = sayohnara
    my name is... = watashi no namae wa ... desu (they use there family name)
    please = onegai shimasu
    thank you (very much) = arigatoh (gozaimasu)
    1-10=
    ihci
    ni
    san
    shi
    go
    roku
    shchi
    hachi
    kyu
    jyu
    11-12=
    jyu-ichi
    jyu-ni

    Hopefully you got it down. Hangout me if you need to hear those words.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jake and Daniel,

      You guys rock! This is so helpful. Make me a video of these phrases and more and post it here so I can practice it today and tomorrow.

      Mr. J

      Delete
    2. OK! Mission accepted.

      Delete
  3. Nihon no minasan konnichiwa
    = Hello everybody in japan

    Dōmo arigato gozai mashita
    = Thank you for your attention

    Ania U

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sweet! That's a cool name!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! I never knew that there were so many different words and phrases in Japanese! Cool!

    -Megan C.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The view looked amazing from the plane with the Rocky Mountains :-)!

    ReplyDelete