Thursday 1 May 2014

Take Heart

What do you do when your heart doesn't work? When doctors have tried everything to fix it for seven years?

A friend of my family's, Jean Hawn, had a heart transplant last night at the U of M Hospital in Ann Arbor. Jean is a mom and has four boys, ranging in age from 16 to 9. She is a teacher.

Jean had been carrying around a device called a pacemaker, which was helping to pump her blood. Her heart was weakened from chemotherapy seven years when she had cancer. Her heart hasn't been working well since, and she needed a new heart to be able to live without a pacemaker.

Yesterday she got a call from the hospital saying that they had a donor heart available. When someone dies suddenly, like in a car accident, their heart may still work and be able to be donated to someone who needs it. Jean got her new heart last night.

She is doing okay this morning,. The next step is to see if her body accepts the new heart. I will keep you posted. Keep her, her family and the family of the donor in your thoughts. If you pray, say a prayer for them.

2 comments:

  1. WOW so sad.....and no comments......*sighs*

    ReplyDelete
  2. By: Jordyn & Aria
    ________________________

    Moderator: Hi, Thomas Hutchinson and Mercy Otis Warren is it? My name is Jordyn and I was wondering some questions. For starters, should the 13 American Colonies declare independence from England?
    Mercy Otis Warren: Sure Jordyn, I think that they should because the British taxes are too high and they are paid too low. Great Britain has harsh laws!
    Thomas Hutchinson: I think that she was asking me, Mercy. Well, anyways, the 13 colonies could not declare independence, they could not govern themselves without the British king to guide.
    Moderator: Oh, I see
    Mercy Otis Warren: I think that Mr. Hutchinson is telling a lie! The 13 colonies could-and should declare independence! British taxes are unfair! Families in these colonies have a hard enough time earning money! They have rights too!
    Thomas Hutchinson: I think not! The laws are there for a reason!
    Moderator: what kind of reasons?
    Mercy Otis Warren: like taking all of the people's hard earned money for themselves!
    Thomas Hutchinson: I think that Great Britain should be tougher on the colonist! They have it easy!
    Moderator: but don't the workers get paid little and taxed much?
    Mercy Otis Warren: EXACTLY!
    Thomas Hutchinson: those patriots need to understand that King George III knows what's best! They don't know a thing about--
    Mercy Otis Warren: those poor patriots are right for what they think! It is not just about the king! I respect him but, this is just rude of him!
    Moderator: I get it now! So King George III is taxing the colonies too high! I agree Mercy Otis Warren! Sorry Mr. Hutchinson, I guess I just can't agree.
    Mercy Otis Warren: thank you for understanding Jordyn, and supporting the patriots.
    Moderator: your welcome Mercy Otis Warren! I just can't disagree!
    Thomas Hutchinson: I didn't know it would come to this, Jordyn. I sorry but I just can't agree with you.
    Moderator: I am sorry but I can't either Thomas Hutchinson.
    ________________________
    The End
    ________________________
    ~ by: Jordyn & Aria

    ReplyDelete