Tuesday 11 February 2014

Just Write

Just write. That's all you need to do. Sometimes people need to make time to write. About people. Places. And things. Whatever matters.

Right now we are writing in Choice Hour. I love the flexibility of writing on any device that connects to the internet. I can write anywhere and post almost anywhere. For someone like me who learned to write in an era of pure paper and pencils, this is nothing short of revolutionary.

Something I really enjoy is seeing the improvement that students make in their writing. It is so satisfying for me as a teacher to watch the progress a student makes from the beginning to the end of the time they spend with me. I can only hope that kids leave me better writers than they were when they came to me. When a kid tells me she has learned something from something I have offered, I know I am doing right by that child. They deserve nothing less.

No comments:

Post a Comment