Wednesday 19 February 2014

The Good and the Bad

Life is complicated sometimes. There are things that happen that feel really bad and then, moments later, things that happen that feel really good.

This morning I wanted to have a conversation with Zack about appropriate language and behavior. The conversation just didn't go very well. I think it's best not to have conversations about important things in the morning before school. Although, then again, maybe I just need to a better job at not reacting.

On the way back from dropping Zack off at school, I saw a car stopped in the middle of the turn lane going from Livernois onto 8 Mile. I noticed that a woman was sitting in the drivers seat by herslef as I passed by. Should I stop, I asked myself? As I had nowhere to go today, I felt compelled to help. I know I have been helped by lots of people throughout my life, especially whjen I ewas in a toihgh spot, like stuck in the middle of the street.

I pulled my car over, got out, and approached the driver. I asked her if she needed some help getting her car out of the middle of the road. She said she would and I pushed her car to the side of the road. She said AAA was on the way to help her get to where she needed to be. With that, I got in my car and took off.

2 comments:

  1. Cool, I think lots of people should get out of their car and help other people that are stuck on the road.

    (This is nicolae!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I liked that story a lot it makes me stop and think about the things that you said and stuff. i really like how you did go out and help her not just to look at her in her car and drive away i really liked that you were active about the problem that she had. even tho she didn't need help its better to be safe then sorry

    ReplyDelete