Saturday 15 February 2014

Valentines Candy Fun!

As anyone who knows me can attest, I like candy. Well, I don't really like candy. I LOVE candy. And as long as I don't eat it too much of it and as long as I brush, floss, and rinse my teeth every day, I can eat it. 

More fun...okay, well just as as much fun as eating candy for me is giving candy away. I love the excited look on peoples' faces when you give them something that they enjoy. Plus, it feels good to give something away that I would just assume keep and eat myself.

That's one of the reasons Valentines Day is so exciting. I mean, who needs love and friendship when you've got tons of candy! (That was meant to be a joke. For once I'm not writing a serious post here).

So when I got home with my nice white bag of goodies from our Valentine's Day party, I did what I used to do when I would go trick-or-treating. I dumped all my candy carefully out of the bag and reveled in the ecstasy of looking at a bunch of candy all in one place and ALL FOR ME! Yeah!!

Then I commenced to doing something that always brings me great joy when it comes to candy consumption...sorting. I sorted the candy by type.  I have to say I am partial to chocolate, so I was totally psyched to see a massive Valentine's heart full of M&M's. The Airheads are always exciting as are the Fun Dips. Must be the colors. I was pretty impressed with the mustache tattoo, even though I have no trouble growing one myself. The sparkly red pencil completely caught my eye, especially since red is my favorite color. There was a ring pop and some Hershey's kisses, two different kinds of gum and some suckers. There was a sticky bug and some Skittles. I can't wait to go to Krispy Kreme and redeem my coupon for a free donut. I haven't decided where to pit the one Direction sticker, yet, though. Maybe on the edge of my computer so I'll never forget "The Lads". 

I wonder if any of this candy will last until the end of...the day today? the next two days? the week? I don't know. Think I better go brush my teeth.




No comments:

Post a Comment