Tuesday 8 April 2014

Lady Liberty to the Brooklyn Bridge

Nick and continued our New York Adventure with a visit to the Statue of Liberty and Ellis Island.
It was windy and cold, but we braved the elements and explored the island where our ancestors first arrived.
We walked across the Brooklyn Bridge, which was very cool. It is a tradition in NYC for people to write their name on the bridge, so Nick left his mark.
It started to rain, and our puny umbrella was shredded upon opening. Fortunately we had hoods.
We stopped for some bi bim bop at a kiosk just off the bridge. Does anyone know what kind of food that is?
We hung out in Brooklyn and took the subway to a cute cafe called #unclearthurscafe. Can you tell what we're eating out of the bowl? Hint: It's seafood.

Dessert was Nick's favorite ice cream and decaf cappuccinos. What's your favorite flavor of ice cream?

We made our way back to our friends on the subway, our preferred method of transportation here in the Big Apple!

Tuesday is sure to bring all kinds of excellent adventures!!


8 comments:

  1. Bi Bim Bop is a Korean dish of rice that's topped with sliced meat, fried egg and other things. I think the seafood is fried kalamari and my favorite ice cream flavor is cookies and cream. Have a great rest of your trip!

    ~Vivian

    ReplyDelete
  2. You atea lot on your trip.
    Also, I have been to that bridge, and I'm not sure that's a tradition...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think Lady Liberty represents freedom. My grandma is planning on taking me to see Lady Liberty.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ania U

    On the Statue of Liberty; were you able to go on the top of it? If you did what was the view like? My favorite flavor of ice cream is mint chocolate chip. You were eating calamari out of that bowl. I have never heard of the tradition to write your name on the bridge, though.

    ReplyDelete
  5. how was the statue of liberyty did you get to go in it. I was in chicogo once and I saw the big bean witch is a giant metal bean and is a big tourist site like the statue of liberty. I hope yyou had a good time there.

    ReplyDelete
  6. My favorite picture was when nick was grace facing what grace facing is, is when you make a fist then you touch your chin with your fist. And what was that café that nick was grace facing in.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I SHOULD OF CAME WITH YOU STATUE OF LIBERTY IS HUGE :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. Every food I've seen in the pictures look so good I just want to climb through this phone and smash it in my face

    - Nia

    ReplyDelete