Friday 11 April 2014

The Magic of the Met

The Metropolitan Museum of Art is one of the world's largest and most impressive art museums. I had never been there, so when Nick wanted to spend his last day in NYC at the Met, I was psyched.


We started the day with a healthy breakfast as you can see below ;-)


A legendary New York hot dog from a street vendor.


Nick polishing off a hot pretzel on the steps of the Met.

The Met is one of those museums where you need about three lifetimes to see everything. It is about a third bigger than the DIA, which is a big museum itself.


What gallery do you think this is?


Easy one!


Unbelievable collection!

We were there for nearly three hours and felt like we had barely scratched the surface of the collection. We have to go back one day as it was full of too many amazing things to name.

Nick asked if we could ride in a taxi, which he had never done before, so we caught a cab in front if the museum and it took us to our bus stop.


Do you know what kind of vehicle this is?

Then we made our way back to our place to grab our bags and go to the airport.


Of course we couldn't pass up a self-serve frozen yogurt on the way out of town! What a great way to end a most amazing vacation😃

11 comments:

  1. I love the hot dogs there because you can tell they are really meat. They are the biggest hot dogs I ever seen.they are so rech in fleaor

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like hot dogs in nyc because you can tell there different.there really big and good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That was a very healthy breakfast. I think that is the sculpting gallery. I think it is a taxi. You did a lot of things in new York and of all the places McDonald's. McDonald's. There are so many more restaurants.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The gallery in the museum that your standing in is the Egyptian. That taxi is a ford escape. Does the Met have gallery's about other country history or just some of them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That hot dog is probalbly about as healthy as a McdDonalds meal.
    I also think those exibits are on Medival times and Eygytian exibit.

    P. S. I think that when most people go to New York, they take pictures of musuems, or buildings, and views, or Lady Liberty. You took a picture of a hot dog.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think that was a nice joke about the hot dog because they are actually really bad for you. I had never heard of the art museum. It sounds really nice though because I like going to the DIA. Sounded like a good trip.

    Ryan H.

    ReplyDelete
  7. How many times did U take a taxi

    ReplyDelete
  8. What kind of knights were they? What country or kingdom did they serve? A lot of spanish history has to do with knights. What were the knights fighting for? What kind of weapons were they fighting with? It looks really interesting answer soon as possible please.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Do you know what kind of vehicle this is?

    I think it is a yellow ford car but I'm not sure what type. I once got to ride in a taxi with my family and i got to pay.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm not so sure the hot dog was healthy. I went to the museum to! My favorite part was the better-then-average-museum Wi-Fi.

    ReplyDelete
  11. It sounds like you had a great time in New York! I have never been there myself but the way you described it makes it sound better then what I have heard. The hot dog that you showed a picture of looks really good!!

    Megan C :-)

    ReplyDelete