Thursday 10 April 2014

On Top of the World

On Wednesday we got up and got out onto Broadway. As has become our routine here, we're constantly on the lookout for new foods to try. As we were walking down the street, we spotted a lady selling churros. Ever had them? Nick loves them. Who wouldn't? 

We found a little cafe a block down and ordered pancakes and a breakfast burrito to go. We were on our way to buy tickets for the musical "Newsies".  

We were the first people in line to buy tickets from the lottery, which is where names are drawn and tickets are offered at a discount. We were excited when our names were picked!

We had two hours to spend before the show started, so we walked around Times Square and the theatre district. 

The show was terrific! We had fifth-row seats on the main floor, so we could see everything with amazing detail.

After the show, we walked to Rockefeller Center, where the Today Show and Saturday Night Live are produced. We went to the observation deck called the Top of the Rock. The view of the city was amazing!


After that, we went back to our friend's and hung out with them. Below is a picture of Nick with Graham and Imogen.


They made us a special dinner because it was our last night with them. It was a Chinese feast, and everything was delicious. What kinds of dishes do you recognize?





10 comments:

  1. I have been to new York before it was really fun I'm have also been on a subway. New york looked really fun it's cool that you got to go. I hope you got to walk around time square be cause I did before it was really fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How cool is it that you got to go to NYC over break. Ive always wanted to visit there. What kind of food did you eat on the run going some where? What was the statue of liberty like?

    ReplyDelete
  3. How was flying there? I'v never been to New York City or flown. What did the churros taste like? What was your favorite part?

    ReplyDelete
  4. i have been to NYC before. i went to the empire state building all the way to the top. i went with my aunt and uncle that live in new york. i didn't just go to the city. i went to the country part of new york too- Sam G

    ReplyDelete
  5. How was newsies I have heard that it was a great musical. Also what is the rock is it a building or is it part of the broadway building. I think the food your eating is Arabian.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I HAVE BEEN TO NYC BEFORE IT IS SO FUN!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've been to New York before. But only to visit my great, grandfather. My dad bought tickets for the lottery but he never won.

    Shin Be

    ReplyDelete
  8. How was the trip Mr. Joseph. I have always wanted to visit New York, but never got a chance to. My dad drove there to pick up a car that he leased. I might go one day, and I might visit where you and Nick went.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've been to New York. But I went when I was about 3 years young. We saw lots amazing thinks there and we are thinking about going back

    ReplyDelete
  10. That's nice of them to give you dinner. I don't recognize any of them really. That must have been cool to try different kind of food!
    ~Aria

    ReplyDelete