Wednesday 9 April 2014

Superheroes Unite!




Nick and I got started our Tuesday with breakfast at 11:45am. Can you tell we're on vacation?! We look for things to eat that we don't ordinarily get at home. We found a little Mexican deli and had tacos de huevos con chorizo. Know what that means?

After getting lost for awhile on the wrong subway, we made it to our destination in Park Slope, a neighborhood in Brooklyn. Drum roll, please: the Superhero Supply Company! This place was so cool!! It is a free tutoring center part of the 826 Network that raises money by selling superhero-themed merchandise.
The De-villainizer


The Mind Reading Machine


Superhero Supplies


Certificate

Trying on capes

We then went across the street and noticed a gelateria. We just couldn't pass it up!

Can you guess the flavors?


Oh, and there happened to be a NYC-style pizza place next door, so we had to stop in for a slice...

Mmm!


Then we had a "West Side Story" moment. Know why?


After that we went here. Where is "here"?


We had an amazing BBQ dinner, then saw "Motown: The Musical" which was almost as good as BCS's production of "Guys and Dolls"


Another incredible day of Big Apple Adventures!



13 comments:

  1. First, you posted a lot of pictures. I think on vacation it's good to go see things, like you did. Plus, the NYC pizza is really good..

    ReplyDelete
  2. First of all, how many thigns did you eat?
    I think that flavor is coffee and maybe vanilla?

    The setting is West Side Story is in New York. I think that might be a location for the Jets?

    P. S. That is a big piece of pizza :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The superhero supply compony looks really cool! I would really like to go there if i could so i bet it was pretty cool for you guys. The gear in the store also looks really cool like the de-villianizer and the mind reader.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The DeVillian-Izer looks really cool! I want to hear lots more about it. Like what does it actually do in real life. And also details about how they built it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wonder how good the pizza was, it look really greasy.
    Also, i doubt broadway is worse than guys and dolls.
    Another thing, that ice cream looked really good.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mr.joe you eat so much ice cream but i think that is fun i love ice cream. Iron man is so cool he is one of the best superhero. I think that you trip wqas so fun, man i think that it would be cool if i went.

    From, Joseph

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think that tacos de huevos con chorizo is egg and bean tacos. What is a getoria. Also the flavor is vanilla and Carmel.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think tacos de huevos con chorizo is tacos with eggs and green onions. The superhero store is so cool. I went to NYC 3 times, 2 times to go on cruises.

    ~Vivian

    ReplyDelete
  9. NYC looks like so mush fun I wish I could go there but my dad had 3 kidney stones :(

    the food you are having is making me want FOOD

    I stayed home and did nothing at all

    ReplyDelete
  10. that ice cream looks g o o d I wish i could have some

    ReplyDelete
  11. WERE THOSE REAL SUPER POWERS AND THE FLAVORS WERE CHOCOLATE AND VANILLA.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. are the powers real.
      did you buy one.
      did you get me one.

      Delete