Saturday 14 June 2014

Getting Ready

Tomorrow I leave for Japan. I can't really believe that this is happening. As school just ended two days ago, I am finally beginning to realize that I am leaving for two weeks. Wow!

The opportunity to meet other teachers and journey with them to a place so far away is thrilling. I don't think it will have sunk in until I'm on the ground in Tokyo. No amount of planning and preparation could substitute for the reality of just being in that place.

Today is Father's Day. I already feel a deep sense of gratitude for the privilege of being a dad. Today I feel even more grateful as I prepare for what will surely be the trip of a lifetime.

2 comments:

  1. Hope you have fun Mr. Joe:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will, Mia, thanks! Keep checking back.

      Even though you're moving to Berkshire, you will always be a Joberts kid! Keep writing and tweeting all summer. I can't wait to hear what you're up to :-)

      Delete