Tuesday 17 June 2014

Just Got to Japan!

Well, here I am! After a 14 hour plane flight and three meals in the sky, I am hanging out in my room at the Keio Plaza Hotel in Tokyo. The journey went very well. We had a long delay at the airport in Newark and arrived here at 8pm Tuesday night. I went for a walk around the hotel neighborhood with my friend Josh, a first grade teacher from Maine.

It's now 10pm and I'm getting ready to sleep. Our program begins at 8:30am tomorrow morning, so I'll let some pictures do the talking. Don't forget to post comments and questions and I'll respond. I'll always ask at least one question per post :-)

 The question is not "Are you smart" but "How are you smart?"- Mr Joe spreads Smarties to Japan!
 Josh (1st grade - Maine) and Sarah (5th/6th - Boston) enjoying a meal in Newark before departure
 Mr. J and Sarah during our seven hour layover at Newark
 We made it!
 Mr. J and Marybeth (3rd/4th - Vermont) waiting for our shuttle at Narita Airport
 Map on the sidewalk outside our hotel
 Electronics superstore in the neighborhood around the hotel
 Downtown Tokyo, a few blocks from our hotel
 Gamers get ready!
 Energy drink vending machines
 What do you think this is?
Josh noticed this bike. What makes it unique?

7 comments:

  1. The back wheel is small. What's up with that? The previous picture seems to be a button to push to cross the street. It must be for the blind. Maybe if the blind push the button it emits a auditory signal that it is safe/not safe to cross the street?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You got it, Marc! It's safe to cross the street, just really busy.

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Make sure you take pictures of interesting t-shirts..I've heard Japan is home to numerous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. ANIA U. made this comment:

    The bike is unique because the back week is much smaller than the front one. And to go with the previous photo, I think the button is a button that blind people push when they are crossing the street and the button triggers some thing that possibly helps the person get to the other side.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That 9th pic makes me want to cry.

    ReplyDelete