Monday 23 June 2014

What a Weekend!

We have done so much, I don't know where to start. Every moment of every day is a new adventure, a new story. Every Japanese person I have met has been exceptionally kind and interested in our work on the Joberts Team and at BCS. People in Japan are interested in figuring out ways to preserve and protect the environment. Sustainability is truly on the minds of people all over the world.

I spent 24 hours with a host family, and they introduced me to life in a regular Japanese home with regular Japanese people. Guess what? They're just like Americans. They just happen to speak a different language, their food is different from what I'm used to, and they drive on the other side of the road. I can't say I am necessarily surprised of this fact, but I need to get out of my bubble - as Mrs. Roberts would say - and be reminded of this.

Anyway, I have thousands of pics already. Here are a few from the weekend...

 Brown bears are sacred deities to the Ainu people
 Hokkaido prefecture (like a state) is very green
 Lake Akan is in a Japanese National Park
 Do you know what kind of plant this is?
 The crane is a symbol of the city of Kushiro, where we're staying
 The Japanese crane...
...and baby

1 comment:

  1. That is so cool. Were you that close to the baby crane?

    ReplyDelete