Wednesday 18 June 2014

Terrific Tokyo Tour!

Today was the first official day of the Fulbright Study Exchange program. In between an amazing breakfast and delicious lunch, we had meetings in the morning about the education system in Japan and the history of sustainability in education.

After lunch, we went on a bus tour of Tokyo. Well, it wasn't really a tour of the whole city, that would take days. We went to two main sites, the Imperial Palace and the Asakusa Shinto Shrine. We had dinner in an neighborhood close to the shrine and walked the streets of the city. Finally, we took the subway back to our hotel. The experience really defies words. The pictures will try to begin to do everything justice.

 Jake, a teacher from Nebraska, enjoys a Japanese breakfast
 Here are our three guest speakers
 Lunch was magnificent!
 In front of the Imperial Palace
 What's unusual about our tour bus?
 Washing up before entering the shrine
 Hanging with the Buddha
 In front of the temple
What am I having for dinner, exactly? (Hint: It's not sushi, technically)

7 comments:

  1. ANIA U. made this comment:

    Why did you have to wash your hands before entering their shrine? I wan't to go to Japan sometime, too.

    To answer your question about what you are eating - your dinner is sashimi. I know that because I have had it before, sashimi is like sushi but it it plain fish. Am I correct?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is it sashimi, I had it before when I was in Korea. What did you have for lunch was it some type of noodles? Is it because the window in the front is taller or is it because the bus is smaller than normal buses?

    Shin Be

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you wrote what you did because a Tokyo tour is very important when one is visiting Japan. I'm guessing you included sashimi since t is traditional food. If you are going on a tour in Tokyo then you would probably visit a temple, like you did that is why it is important.

    -ANIA U.

    ReplyDelete
  4. you wanted to right about this because you had a great time

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think you wrote about this because it is the most enjoyable thing you did that day. It would be fun to go and do what you did. I can't believe you got this opportunity.

    -Megan C.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think you wrote about Tokyo because it was a really good opertonity. I think you included that you ate a lot because you like food. I think that it is really cool that you got to eat new foods.
    -Jordyn

    ReplyDelete