Monday 16 June 2014

On The Plane

I am sitting on the airplane at the Newark airport waiting to take off. I arrived from Detroit at 7:30am. It is now 3:19pm. The past seven-odd hours went by pretty quickly as I organized the gifts I brought for Japanese schools and talked to the othe Fulbright teachers going to Japan with me.

There are 24 US teachers total. Five of us are flying to Japan from Newark. The flight time is actually 12 hours and 48 minutes, but all the waiting and transition time adds more minutes to the journey. 

I will arrive in Tokyo at 5am Tuesday morning, Detroit time, which is 6pm Tuesday, Tokyo time. I have a touch-screen in he sets back in front of me for music and movies. I also have my laptop and Ipad with books and work. I need to make a slideshow and movies.

The captain is talking now. He's telling us we've got to go. My next post will be
from Tokyo!!








2 comments:

  1. What a busy life! I will be reading your blog and trying to get Marc to check it out too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It kind of reminds me when I went on the plane to turkey

    ReplyDelete